Volunteering is a great way to help others. It has a positive effect on your community and it’s good for you too. Many students volunteer at North Seattle College because:
- It’s fun!
- You meet new and interesting people
- You feel part of the community
- You gain valuable life experiences and skills
- It shows colleges and universities that you’re committed
- It looks great on your resume and will help you when transferring to a four-year university and when applying for scholarships
- You can make a difference
BEFORE YOU VOLUNTEER
To get the most out of your volunteer experience, ask yourself these questions before committing to an organization.
- How much time do I have to commit?
- What have I done in the past that I’ve enjoyed?
- What do I want to do as a volunteer – and what would I rule out doing?
- What talent or skills can I offer?
- What kinds of people do I want to work with?
- What would I like to learn from volunteering?